The two major components involved in hair extensions is:
1. Type of hair used to extend natural hair – 100% human hair, synthetic or mixed.
2. Method of extension – Permanent (reusable extensions for an extended period of time), Semi-permanent (constant wear for 1-3 months), Temporary (clip-ins or tape method).
Types of Hair
Whether human, synthetic or mixed hair is used, it can be used in permanent, semi-permanent or clip-in extension systems.
Human Hair – 100% human hair comes from a wide range of countries although the majority of human hair comes from India. Hair may also originate from China, The Orient, South America and Russia.
Synthetic – Non human hair is used in both permanent. MicroPoint and ProHair are well-known for distributing synthetic hair products.
Mixed Blends – Some systems include a blend of 100% human hair and synthetic.
Method of Extension
1. Professional Application – Hair extensions (all types of hair) are applied by a hairdresser or licensed professional. Depending on the professional, hair may be part of a branded Hair Extension System (Great Lengths, SoCap, etc.,) or the customers may provide the hair.
2. Do It Yourself known in the trade as DIY – Depending on the expertise of the individual that wishes to follow a DIY process, all types of hair can be used as well as all types of methods. Not everyone can successfully adapt a DIY hair extension system just as not everyone can create updos on their own hair.
When hair is attached it can be done some in a number of ways which include, but are not limited to:
- Hand Tied Extensions
- Sewn-in Extensions\Fusion
- Hair Weaving
- Microscopic Coupling Shells
Some good hair extensions are: Luxy Hair , Cashmere hair , Donna Bella and Klix
Source : http://www.hairboutique.com/